Phono Pre with regular Line Input

I hope you guys can help me out.

Does anyone know any Phono Pre that I can also use as a preamp? I'm not interested in a preamp with phono input. What I'm looking for is a unit that is phono first with an option of being able to plug in my CD player.

I understand that Manley Steelhead has a pair of line input, but I really cannot afford to spend $8K or ($4.5K used).

Will I be better off getting a preamp w/ phono input, such as CAT SL-1?

Thank you,
ainkfek
At least one EAR phono stage has a volume control but I don't know if any include line level inputs. Suggest checking their site or Audio Revelation, Jay may have your answer.

http://www.audiorevelation.com/cre/index.php
I have the phono cable in the MM connectors, and wow! What's interesting is that the audiophile in me is noticing this and that drawback; but it doesn't matter. Its as if a window's been opened to the soul of the recording! I'm hooked. Its 2AM in Phoenix, and it took all my discipline not to call my audio cohort and say "Get your a** over here!".
I'm not even using the highest gain setting! The 47K Ohms is unnecessary too. 200 is perfect.
Anyway, thread hijack complete. The Steelhead is something special.
Hijacking this thread is ok by me.
I assume you are using your Shelter 501mk2 in this MM setting.
How do you think of the noise level in MM setting (bypassing SUT).

I would love to hear your experience.
Thank you.
Hey Az,

Thanks for your reply,

I probably shouldn't need to ask you this, but is your MM gain level as same as your previous MC setting, say 60dB(MM) and 60dB(MC)?
This is turning into a thread that's going to lead me to purchase a used Steelhead!!!

I just don't understand how MM at high gain can sound less noisy than the MC setting.