Dynavector XV-1S impressions?

I have been a long time user of the audio note Io cartridge and recently purchased the Dynavector. I would be interested in others experience as I find this cartridge to be quite forward sounding i.e. the mid and high frequencies tend to be a bit brighter. It is very detailed and musical but the soundstage is not as deep as my Audionote.
Are my experiences similair to other users or is it my setup that is causing this impression.

Thanks
ecka
I will certainly try the different loading and gain settings, so thanks for the advice. Maybe I should ask this question as a new thread but what phono stage do XV-1S owners consider to give it the best opportunity to show off it's beauty. Will this recommendation also give it the qualities that I feel it currently lacks?( maybe break in alone will achieve this?)
Thanks again
Hi Ecka
I will get some (a lot?) of flack for suggesting for you to try a step-up transformer of ~ 20 - 22dB.
You then can try the smaller gain phono-pre inputs with ease.

All I hear that you are relating sounds NOT too unfamiliar.
The over-present upper mid / treble MIGHT just get more synergy, plus some other things like more information density in the mid-range, more hall information etc.

I'm one of those folks that have tried it, AND managed to get a good impedance match (takes a bit to figuring...)

Raul, Atmasphere and some others will 'hate' the idea --- yet some will support it.
Before blowing bucks on another phono-stage, I'd seriously would give it a try.

A.
Hi Axelwahl
I do have a Audionote An6c step up transformer but do not really know what settings to dial it up to. How did you go about figuring it out?
Thanks
Hi Ecka
y.s.:
>>> How did you go about figuring it out?<<<

--- That you have one? Or how to impedance match it?
Axel
Dear Axel: I respect your bias to the SUT's but IMHO a SUT ( any. ) can't help for the XV-1s can show its best performance against a well active designed phonolinepreamp.

Even if you have ( hypotetic. ) the perfect SUT those additional cables and " terrible " connectors that needs to connect the SUT to the phono stage makes a big degradation to the cartridge signal and " degrade " any " good point " on the SUT ( that does not have it. ).

Right now Zarir has enough " problems " with what he has and IMHO you want to give him an additional " trouble "!!! and a focus of additional distortions!!!!

It is obvious that Zarir is looking for help due to his un-experience on the analog area and I think that we can help him in a more staright way.

Anyway at the end of the day Zarir is the one that has to pull the triger.

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.