Establishing a common analog listening bias

Maybe it is possible to establish a widely accepted common ground in terms of listening bias by choosing and agreeing on 10-30 LPs all readily available new to all audiophiles for decent price.
If all listening tests and personal comments regarding the sound of components and systems in the various threads and posts would refer to any of these LPs mainly, everyones comments and experiences would much easier be understood by their fellow Audiogoners.

How about an "Audiogon baker's double-dozen"?

This would create a solid ground for all of us.

How do you think about this ?
dertonarm
I would like to suggest Keep it Hid with Dan Auerbach, one I like but maybe not as easy to find is Madman Across the Water with Elton John
I second 'hell freezes over' since there is a practically identical (mastered) CD easily available also.

Syntex, are you suggesting my two RCA re-issues are now TOO good? Or are you on about some other items?

Else might we need to have a "TOO good" elimination process also?
A.
Hi Axel,
no, I don't know all reissues, I bought a lot in the last 7 years and most are not worth their high price (but there will be always some few exceptions), so I stopped it 2008
Alison Krauss: I don't have
Abraxass: I have a reissue from a German plant, calm but awful
2201 I don't know about having it
2430 I have, but I have to listen to it (no memory)
Hi Syntax,
Mussorgsky 'Pictures at an Exhibition' (Classic, LSC-2201) Reiner CSO.

As with some other living Stereo RCA's there have been some original full frequency/dynamic versions --- than came the complaints and they got much reduced in dynamics so as to be able to play them on most often then used TTs.
If you listen to one of these, well they are WELL below anything to write home about.
So, I guess it's the re-issue for this one. I has just about EVERYTHING on it, right across the full orchestra 'blow-out' to very very gentle passages.

I could have mentioned Richard Strauss - Also sprach Zarathustra - with Reiner, but that one might just have been too much, same as Jacques Offenbach's - Gaîté Parisienne ... with, well you will know who *).

Now as I understand you wanted to 'ban' some stuff 'cause it's too good, making 'everything' sound too nice. What did you have in mind, just to get some idea.
A.
PS: *) Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops ... just in case.
Post removed