Micro SX-8000 II or SZ-1

Does anybody know if there is a mayor difference between the Micro-Seiki SX-8000 II and the "flagship" SZ-1?
A friend told me I should look for a SZ-1 because it offers a better motor. Having a SX-8000 II I am not shure whether it is worth looking for a SZ-1 or only for another motor-unit?
thuchan
With this kind of air-bearing turntable, you may care to experiment by using the motor to drive the flywheel, and driving the turntable platter with the flywheel. In this arrangement the flywheel will function as a filter for motor irregularities, and in my experience this may give you a smoother yet more detailed sound. The experiment will require that you exchange the locations of the flywheel and turntable, but won't cost you anything, so why don't you try it as a Saturday afternoon project?

hth and cheers,
I decided to get that SX-8000 - wait 'till my long suffering wife finds out - may cost more in legal fees or a trip to the shop that sells the smallest rotational movements! LOL

Anyway, this will be the uber ultimate step up from my RX-5000 and as a result I will have to let my prized Oracle SE Anniversary go up for sale and my SP-10 Mk2 shortly. The RX-5000 has already been sold.

Wish me luck!

Steve
Wow, Steve--and congratulations! What an amazing 'table. Please let us know how it sounds once you have it set up--us lowly RX-5000 owners want to know! ;-)
Thanks Kip. The reason I sprung for the SX-8000 was really down to recently great results I finally got from my fine tuning the RX-5000 set up. In particular using the Machina Dynamica spring system and a special vinyl table mat I found in Germany to damp the gunmetal platter while retaining the inherent qualities. I had gone thru all types of mats previously and this is the best by far! I can send an ebay link but you have to work in German. Cost was around 50 euro plus shipping.
I would love to learn all I can about fine tuning the RX-5000. I just was a very lucky ebay winner by scoring an UNUSED Vibraplane 2210 for pennies on the dollar--it even has the original manual, air pod wrench and blank warranty card! What else should I be thinking about? I have to say I have not felt like pursuing a mat--I've never heard music like what I'm hearing now right off the platter. But, I suppose I could be convinced... :-)