What is best VTA for Clearaudio Maestro Cartridge?

I have a new Super Scoutmaster Reference turntable. I have put my 2 year old Clearaudio Maestro moving magnet cartridge on it. The sound is very bright and rather harsh. What is the best VTA setting for this cartridge- level, tipped forward a bit, or tipped back a bit?
Does anyone have any other set up ideas to get this cartridge sounding better?
Thanks,
PS. The Maestro sounded great on my tricked out Rega Planar 3, my previous table.
jbcello
Thanks for all your input regarding this cartridge situation. When I first put the Clearaudio Maestro cartridge on the 10.5 arm I was not even able to adjust the arm to have the proper 2.5 gram tracking weight, so I put the metal weight that comes with the Maestro between the cartridge and tonearm. Now, I can adjust to the proper tracking weight, but the sound is still not very good. I was thinking of trying to put he extra weight on top of the tonearm instead of between the cartridge and the tonearm. maybe I should put an even heavier weight installed with the cartridge I have also not yet put the damping fluid in the tone arm well. I understand that this should improve things, but from what Kehut has written, this may not be enough to solve the problems. I may just have to get used to the fact that I need a different cartridge to match with the 10.5 arm. I do appreciate the information that the Maestro should not sound bright, but warm. That is why I brought the cartridge in the first place. I will continue to get a good sound out of the Maestro on this table and report back if I have had any luck. Thanks for your comments.
I have not tried the Mint alignment tool, if that is what you are referring to Stringreen. I am not currently using the anti-skate. What has your experience been with the Mint alignment tool compared to the VPI alignment tool?
Search for Mint on these forums. You'll find many dozens (hundreds?) of very satisfied users, including many who use JMW arms. The improvement vs. the stock protractor that came with my TriPlanar was (cliche alert) equal to a component upgrade. One of the best investments I've made.

I agree with Kehut in general. You might try putting the metal weight ABOVE the headshell instead of beneath. That will certainly change the way resonances behave, though whether for better or worse only your ears can tell. Damping will also help, it's often necessary with many unipivots.
Dear Jbcello: The Maestro cartridge has very good quality performance.

You was satisfied wih the Maestro/RB300., now all what other people already posted could help to improve on the cartridge performance but it seems to me that that VPI tonearm is not the best match for the Maestro.

I read that in the past you was loking for the RB1000 and here and now I think that that tonearm could be one of the best solution for that cartridge or other cartridges in the future.

So IMHO and before you make other investements about maybe it will be worth to consider that tonearm as a solution alternative.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
I believe Kehut meant to say that proper VTA is achieved when the cartridge body is perpendicular to the record, not the stylus.
Records are cut at an average stylus angle of 15 degrees. Phono cartridges follow more or less the same geometry, however due to cartridge manufacturing tolerances, changes in vertical tracking force, different record thickness and non-standard VTA used by several labels, VTA is best adjusted by ear. A good starting point is with the arm tube paralell to the record.