Simple TT isolation.....nice sounding result

I made another "improvement tweak" to my Rega P3-24/Exact 2 front end --- a simple "DIY" isolation platform. Following the suggestions of the "Vibrapod" website, I took a perfectly flat solid 3/4" thick MDF shelf (from an old Atlantis rack that I no longer use for my gear), and placed it on top of eight Model 1 Vibrapod isolators on a shelf of my current Sanus rack. The Rega table, with its original three rubber feet, now sits on this platform, and I'm very happy with the subtle improvement in how the music sounds. Audible ? Psychologic ? Both ? I'm not sure, but this type of stuff makes our hobby a lot of fun.
HAPPY LISTENING !!
adam18
Your response is appreciated, since we value feedback as an essential tool to improve both our products and our relationship with customers. We apologize for any confusion and frustration that you may have suffered due to inadequate explanation of the Ultra Platform's design function, and have made this aspect of the Ultra Platform clearer on our website. At the risk of sounding glib, the best solution to a severe footfall problem (usually caused by a "sprung" floor) is to avoid it - that is, get the system support off the floor, and use a wall-mount bracket; this completely avoids the source of the problem and thus eliminates all such problems without introducing any additional blurring or resonances. However, if this solution is not possible, many users have found Rollerblock Jr. effective under the Ultra Platform as long as the footfall vibration is not overly severe. The wider the placement of the Rollerblocks, the more effective they will be in addressing these problems and dealing with vertical waves. For more low frequency isolation, it's possible to "compound isolate" a system by using two Rollerblock sets, one between the turntable and the Ultra, and another between the Ultra and its support (the Isis Rack uses a similar, patented design to deal - very effectively - with footfall problems with analog turntables). Our aim is to develop products which solve problems with minimal sonic signature, and to that end, we are currently working on an affordable solution for this common problem which will NOT resort to the usual rubber/ sorbothane / polymer answer, since we have observed that this material, while inexpensive and simple to implement, too often creates new problems as it solves old ones. However, there is, for the present, the reality of the lesser of two evils, since there's no music if you can't play the system, and we recognize that putting out the fire must be done before getting rid of the smoke!
Hey Guys.....My intent with this thread was certainly NOT to incite such a vigorous discussion as the one taking place between Symposium and Downunder. I simply wanted to share my enthusiasm about how a relatively inexpensive tweak to my analog front end has quite noticeably elevated my enjoyment of listening to LP's. I just think that it's very cool that, in our hobby filled all kinds of super-expensive accessories, a simple $50 investment can reap such a happy result.

I certainly hope that Symposium and Downunder can "kiss and make up," and that we can all continue to enjoy the music. We share a wondeful hobby, where great thrills can be had by spending anywhere from a few dollars to many thousands. Let's all share our excitement politely, with grace and dignity. HAPPY LISTENING !!
Adam18,
I wouldn't characterize the Downunder and Symposium exchange as even close to needing to "kiss and makeup".Hey, it wasn't even that vigorous.Just a good ,detailed,polite exchange of ideas.
I know Pete(Symposium) very well -- and he can be vigorous--but always opened minded and a gentleman.I wouldn't want to see him wrongly characterized when all he was trying to do was keep others from filing away Downunders misconception of his product.Any parent would defend his child if he/she was truly being misunderstood and then picked on.I thought his touch was just right on this.