Record Sleeve Recommendation

Any useful recommendation regarding record sleeves?

I've read the MOFI's can snag and the generic polylined sleeves leave a small portion of the record exposed....

Thanks
voodoochild
Yet another vote for the MoFi inner sleeves. If a corner snags now and then, it reminds me to slow down and be more careful while inserting it into the jacket. For me that's a good reminder and a trivial price to pay for the superior protection from dust they provide vs. any sleeve made with (exposed) paper.
Doug: The problem with [us] using the MoFi sleeves is that the MoFi sleeves were originally designed for use with a cardboard inner sleeve. This cardboard sleeve allows the record in the thin HDPE sleeve to be inserted into the jacket cover vis a vis the MoFi releases, without the fold over effect commonly seen with all HDPE sleeves (though the sleeves that Music Matter Jazz reissues have switched to are better-though don't know if they're commercially available-and one might have some other reservations).

Myles Astor
Hi, Myles. Yes, the flexibility of the HDPE sleeve alone is a drawback. The HDPE sleeves with the paper insert panel(the "Ultimate") sold by Sleeve City would be ideal if the dimensions were corrected. They provide the benefits of the HDPE material with the stiffness of a paper sleeve. I'd buy a bunch of them if their supplier is able to fix the problem of inconsistent sizing.

Tom
Hi Myles,

Understood. I have plenty of MFSL's with the cardboard inner.

Still, provided we're careful, we rarely snag or hang up a corner when sliding a MoFi/HDPE sleeve directly into a non-MFSL outer jacket. Practice, practice, practice...?