Upgrading Music Hall 2.2 tone arm.

Years ago I had a Linn Basik with a Sumiko Blue point. I loved the sound of that deck. I took a break from my audiophile obsession and got back into it about 3 years ago. I now have a Music Hall 2.2 and I really don't like the sound. I'm thinking of upgrading the arm to a Linn Basik arm or maybe a Rega RB250 or RB300. Does this make sense? Would it improve the sound to close to the Linn or sould I continue to hold out to find a Linn that I can afford right now.

Thanks.
Rod
roddierod
Hi, Jerry,

Yes, I was thinking you were talking about a LP12 and not the budget Basik. My apologies. I do agree that the mmf-2.2 is a decent turntable for the money, especially since the tonearm upgrade. And I believe we agree that if Rod is looking for a big improvement by adding a different tonearm, he'd be better off by just buying a turntable further up the chain.

Regards,
Tom
Thanks Tom, and you are correct if there is an arm change involved the is no point in staying with the MMF 2.2.

Best Regards, Jerry
04-10-09: Geraldm121
Thanks Tom, and you are correct if there is an arm change involved the is no point in staying with the MMF 2.2.
That was my point as well, even though I'm obviously not well-versed in the Linn model names. The MMF 2.2 is an entry-level platform, and an arm change alone isn't going to give the OP what he's seeking.