What is the Phono stage you have finished with?

Hello, Like many I have an e.a.r 834p, and it has served me well for many years, I am now however looking for a new MC phono stage. I am up for going quite a few stages up from the ear (so the next phono will last me a few years!).

Would like to hear from you guys who have already gone down this road!
Happy listening

Cheers
James
sme10
Dgad,
Does the TW Phono deliver in the lower frequencies as well? I'm still strongly considering an AC3 as a table upgrade but phono stages continue to confound me. Did you compare the TW phono with the Tron 7(another Catalano recommendation)? Do you find the TW to be quiet for a tubed phono(an area where many tubed phonos seem to fall down a bit)?
Sonofijn, I won't answer for Dgad. I also have the TW Acustik phono stage that Dgad recommended I have a listen to. Dgad also has the TRON.

Yes, the TW does deliver in the lower frequencies, however it is not as obvious as some phono stages with SUT or SS. At first I thought it lacked a little bass depth and dynamics. I now don't feel any lack of bass whatsoever. It is not quite as explosive as say the ASethetix IO. Now I feel it does not have the mid bass forwardness a lot of phono stages have, it is better balanced.

Yes it is quiet for a tube phono and can be turned up to loud without any tube rush in my system.
I had tube rush/noise issues in the past with Aesthetix IO and rhea as well as cj prem 15.

there are lots of phono choices out there, and the TW is another top shelf alternative

cheers
TRON phono stage on board my TRON Meteor tube preamp. This is very similar to the current top spec TRON Syren.

Charlie
Went from a Phd Sutherland to a Nagra VPS. Cleaner highs and better bass definition and more of it. The tube only output which I tried/discovered last week is the best that I have heard. For rock you can always switch to the SS output. I don't really need to switch cart loading etc. so don't really miss the absence of a remote .Highly recommended that you give this a listen and then let your ears decide.
Best of luck.
I have the ZYX Artisan, and I like it enough (despite it being the only SS gain component in an otherwise tube gain chain) that it is in no danger of getting 'upgraded' any time soon.