Reel to Reel

This may sound like a dumb question, but what the heck !!!
I have always wanted a R to R, just to play around with.

But I have to ask, what do you guys do with your machines ? What do you play or tape ?

Recently, I was told locally where a lot of refurb R to R are sold, that a lot of people record CD to them ?

Just curious ?

Wayne
waynefia
Thanks Sam, I'm going to look for another 2 track deck so I can dub the old 2-track tapes. Would like a technics rs1500 (had one once), just have to be patient.
I grew up on Reel to Reel, My old man had a concertone Deck. A friend of mine just gave Me a nice Teak R to R
deck, but it has a problem. It is almost like there is
a clutch inside that is not engaging when "Play" is hit.
opened it up & tried to figure it out but no dice.

Sure wish I knew of a place that could fix it without
breaking my bank account. I still have a bunch of old tapes from My Father stored away, as well as others that
were given to Me just going to waste.
Taping vinyl makes it easy to hear them played back, and saves the wear and tear on your records. The playback from 2track is better than the original, although you use double the amount of tape that you would use on 4track.
Hi Socoaste,

Try the Tape Project website...you might be able to source a technician. Best of luck :-)

-Sam
Hi to all you RTR mavens.

If you're a Studer fan, I have a line on an A80 VU MK II 1/2 inch four track for about 2 grand. It's located out west. Email me if interested. I have no interest in this machine but can vouch for the seller as I purchased other gear from him and he's a straight up guy.

Ken.