Can a small amount of bleach hurt your records?

I have been using L'Art du Son record cleaner and noticed that a whitish gray bacteria or some kind of growth has developed in my container. I was told that a few drops of bleach might control the problem but could it damage a record?
128x128zeal
A few drops won't hurt, but if your solution is growing things those dead carcasses are going to wind up on your LPs. If it were me, I'd dump the old stuff and get a fresh batch. Keep it cool and in the dark to prevent future regrowth.
What Dan_Ed said, and more.

Why use a "cleaning" solution that promotes the growth of the very stuff you're trying to remove from the LP? Bug food for removing bugs? No such reports regarding the current generation fluids from AIVS, MoFI or Walker have ever surfaced, as far as I know.
Zeal,
I experienced exactly the same thing using L'Art du Son with grey algae settling and growing at the bottom of the solution.
I steam clean now and certainly wouldn't use L'Art du Son again.
Halcro,

That's a real nice set up you have.Ever thought of steam cleaning with a couple drops of L'Art du Son? Which steam Cleaner do you use?
Zeal,
Thanks for the compliment.
I'm in Sydney and bought a SteaMatey from Godfreys which cost AU$30 (US$20). From the photos I've seen, it seems to be nearly identical to the Perfection Cleaner from Walmart?
I agree with Doug (again)......why use a cleaner that fosters the impurities you are trying to remove?
I find steam followed by a distilled water rinse to work better than any cleaning fluids I have tried.