Vintage Denon Direct Drive Turntable

I have been interested in experimenting with a direct drive TT for some time just to see what all the fuss is about. I would be comparing it to my belt drive TERES.

Does anyone have any experience with a Denon DK 2300 TT with the DP 80 Servo controlled direct drive motor? These came out in the '80s, I believe. The base allowed for two arms as well.

Is this TT worth the time and effort?
128x128zargon
Granted it will probably be a much more expensive experement, but the Teres Verus motor would let you experience the best of both worlds.
I have a Denon DP37F direct drive 'table with Sumiko Blue Point on it. It has reached 25 years (with 2 new drive motors), and works very well. I can't say enough good things about it. My big issue was with TT isolation, which I solved. It is also a very simple 'table to setup, and to use.
Just yesterday I got my DP55k table back from Denon. I had it in for service. The only problem I've had with it since purchasing it new (the DP55K table, DA307 arm, DL103-D cart. and AU320 transformer) close to 30 years ago. A testament to Denon for still supporting its products after so many years. In my experience, the big divide in opinions regarding the quality of sound from this genre of table comes down to what it is placed on. It took me a while to figure it out, but I could only get good sound when it was on a very high mass, well damped base, the likes of an old, heavy, wooden antique chest of drawers with the drawers filled. I remember the dealer who handled these tables at the time had sand filled pedestals for them. A typical component rack won't cut it. I think Lewm is on the right track with his suggestions for plinth improvements. The importance of isolating this type of table was addressed by VPI back in the day with their "VPI Base". I've never heard one on a VPI base, they come up for sale once in a blue moon. In short, no table is going to perform at its best unless it is properly set up, and that includes what is used as a base / support. Zargon, Lewm - I'd like to hear of your results /experiences. Best wishes.
Zargon, the DP80 per se is one of the best of the Denons, and in my view and according to one person who owned both in recent years and used them with modern tonearms and cartridges, may be just as good as a Technics SP10 MkII. At typical prices, the DP80 is a real bargain. If the tt has any problems, I was able to obtain some spare ICs for the electronics. There is one IC that is necessary to run the whole shebang; if it's not working correctly in any of its many functions, you've got a dud. I have two spares if you need that part. Other than that, I replaced all the discrete transistors and all electrolytic caps in mine. Replacing the transistors is not really necessary, but replacing the lytics is a good idea just on the general principle that they are all more than 20 years old. (Lytics have a limited lifespan.) Having said that, I don't think any of the original parts in my unit had gone bad, except for a slight malfunction of the aforementioned IC.
Nrenter, the Teres may get the gift of a Verus independent of the Denon project... (:-) I don't expect the Denon to replace it, but provide an alternative for either my office system or a table for evaluating and grading used LPs.

Licoricepizza, your comment about having to replace two motors is a bit of a concern. Can you elaborate? Was it the motor or the electronics?