Collecting Blue Note Jazz

I have decide to start building up a collection of Blue Note Jazz LPs, of which I have very few. What is the best way to go on what can be a sizeable investment. I am willing to spend for great music/sound quality, but cost is a factor, especially when originals are so expensive. I see many options, of which standouts include:
1. New Music Matters 45 RPM reissues.
2. Original Pressings ($$$)
3. Affordable but relatively early reissues (e.g. Blue Label, Liberty Pressings..maybe from the 70's or even early 1980s)
4. Just buy SACDs, since the LPs will not sound that great anyway.
The website www.dccblowout.com touts hot stampers. As I understand it, this site recommends shunning recent reissues and buying perhaps five or more original LPs or reissues (e.g. Blue Label) and keep the best sounding of the lot, while selling the rest. I've noticed that none of the Blue Note LPs I have so far offer sound quality on par with my LPs by the Contemporary Records label. Any recommendations? I have a pretty decent system for both LP and digital. Any advice would be much appreciated - Mark
mcmprov
I've subscribed to both the Analogue Productions and Music Matters BN reissues series and I have loved every one them. They're pricey, but they're classics and they're a super high quality product. I don't know how many I'll ultimately buy, and I'm sure there are cheaper alternatives, but the 45rpm vinyl reissues are fantastic.
Well, the new music matters appear to have enough support here to be well worth checking out a few. I guess I'll end up trying multiple approaches, including some originals and some of the new 45 rpm reissues. On the mono vs. stereo issue, do mono versions still have an advantage when using a stereo cartridge? I know a mono cartridge should be more quiet...is there any additional advantage in sound quality? I have a VPI Scout and Shelter 501. Shelter also makes a 501 mono. So, I could buy an extra wand and a mono cartridge (when I have some extra $$$). On ebay, I'm finding that originals in VG+ condition go for $50+. In fact, my local record stores typically just post such items on ebay rather than offering for sale to walk in customers. These responses are very helpful. Keep the suggestions coming. Thanks!
Imho, original, mono, pre-Liberty 12" Blue Notes are the greatest of all the record labels. If you like the music and can afford them, with the exception of some that are overpriced due to rarity, they are worth every cent.
I too have complained about the piano in RVG vinyl recordings. By way of serendipity, I installed a Denon 103r and my complaint is gone. I know my old cartridge was worn. But, and just in my situation, I have found much more detail and high end in a new cartridge. Perhaps it is just a better match for my situation. But, I suppose I'm saying I found the dull piano to be coming from something other than the record. And I imagine there are recordings where the piano is just recorded dull. But, if the piano always sounds dull (and perhaps the high hat cymbol sounds dull), you may want to investigate elsewhere.

I think I used 100 words when 10 would do :-)

Jeff