SP10 Mk II vs Mk III

A couple of guys here were planning to do listening comparisons of the Technics SP10 Mk II vs the Mk III, in their own homes and systems. Has anyone actually completed such a comparison? I am wondering whether the "upgrade" to the Mk III is actually worth it in terms of audible differences between the two tables. Possibly mounting either table in a well done wooden or slate plinth mitigates any sonic differences that would otherwise be heard. I am thinking of Albert Porter and Mike Lavigne in particular, who were going to do the comparison. Thanks for any response.
lewm
Raul,

Can you describe how your 1" MDF armboard is 'attached' to your SP10?

Thanks
Raul,

Sorry to persist. however, I notice earlier in this thread that you argued for the importance of tonearm set up in evaluating ultimate performance of your tt and its plinth. Yet it seem to me that you have suggested that your new armboard is independent from your actual SP10.

If that is true, I cannot fathom how effective distance, overhang etc can be perfectly set with any stability. For anyone who was considering trying out your suggestion, this is surely a problem to which I have not seen you respond.

Apologies if I am missing something or you have already addressed this problem elsewhere. If anyone else is aware of how Raul could address that issue and he does not feel inclined (for whatever reason) to disclose this information, please feel free to suggest it here.

Cheers
i need help regarding recapping my mk3 power supply. symtom i experienced today was the turntable suddenly stop during track 2 and i have to press start again and it work fine... so what i did was i keep the turntable run for 2 hours and it did not stop . but this is the second time this happen and i dont want to ruin my cartridge if anything happen. can some one give me some pointer of how and where i can get the power supply recap or where can i order the electronics part i live in thailand

thx
Voraratc, I suggest you purchase Panasonic capacitors that are available from Digikey, on-line. If they won't ship to Thailand, then perhaps you can do a search in your area for a source of Panaonics. Nichicon and Silmic are superb choices, as well. You will need a wide variety of capacitors in different values and voltages. You may be able to find an SP10 Mk3 parts list or service manual on-line, as well, so you will know just what you need to order. Try Vinyl Engine for those documents.
regarding strobe noise. I once manufactured powerine filters and using general purpose filters, the first thing I did was disable the neons which through my ribbons added a clearly audible hash. It would be possible to snub the noise but why bother, just disable the neons.