What is your cartridge and tracking force used

Share your actual setup or numerous setup you liked.

Actual for me: Grado Reference Platinum with recommended 1.5g (from .75 to 2) tracking force. Im still trying to find the best one but im always coming back to 1.5.

Thanks
dobermann
Or if your arm lacks a fine VTF screw, just slide an O-ring or two back and forth on the end stub. Simple, cheap, quick, effective.
Madfloyd...that depends. If the internal weight is full forward, you can make the VTF lighter, or full back you can make it heavier. Someplace in between it is fully adjustable. In any case however, the azimuth will not be affected. Mine is fully forward, so to make the VTF heavier, I would need to move the main counterweight, and then check that the azimuth is again level. I check azimuth by using the rod. I have 2 Cardas blocks with washers glued to the blocks at the proper height, so that when the cartridge is resting on the record..just a hair above it...both ends of the rod will be just a hair above the modified Cardas blocks which are placed on either side of the cartridge and on a record just under the ends of the rod which is positioned on the headshell. (What a sentence that was)
I actually forgot about the fine tracking force adjustment and will experiment with that. In the past, I've found it doesn't change the VTF much but for these tiny adjustments it should be just the thing once you're in a good range. This morning I've been working on something new to double check the azimuth with the rod technique. I've simply modified the notecard recommended by Stringreen for leveling the arm initially. I cut an oval out of the folded card big enough to set it over the arm just behind the headshell. I noticed it wasn't sitting quite flat so I attached paper clips to the top edges on each side and slid them in and out until the card sits flat. Now from the front I have a level line to compare the rod with. I still double check this with my marked wooden dowel and wooden blocks similar to Stringreen's Cardas blocks but I'm finding the notecard adds a nice additional frame of reference for comparison. If this sounds like a Jerry-rigged affair, it's because it is I guess but so far I've found it very handy and effective.
I was just thinking.... the internal weight of the VPI arm probably also changes the effective mass slightly as you move that weight closer/farther from the headshell....woah is me....another variable!!
OK - I did it. As per Sonofjim's recommendation, I changed the VTF from 1.8 or 9 to 2.2 or 3. I made the adjustment with the large main counterweight, because I didn't want to affect the mass at the headshell. I readjusting the azimuth, and checked the VTF many, many times, kept the bit of damping in the pivot, and with no anti-skate, I found that the sound did change. The low bass especially, had gained definition, so that it started and stopped with greater speed. Unfortunately, the depth retreated slightly, and the highs were less sweet. Singers' SSSS's became more sandpaper. Just as an experiment to try to make this adjustment better, since I surely didn't want to set up the arm again, I raised the back end of the arm by 1 hashmark on the 10.5 scale...surely a minute amount. It was like someone had switched on a button. The soundstage exploded huge. The singer was not just singing between the speakers, but was 10 feet behind, and in 3 dimensions. The speakers did their disappearing act as before, but the picture is now huge in all dimensions..height, depth, and width. SSS's are much clearer, but once in a while a bit of sandpaper still comes through. I tried different VTA settings, but always came back to that magic spot because of the openness that this setting provides. Thanks Sonofjim..