Nagra VPS

I plan an upgraded on my phonostage?

does someone could eleborated his experience with NAGRA VPS?

it replaced what phonostage?

if you upgraded and replace your Nagra, what top the Nagra VPS.

thanks for your help
jazzbeq
Hi Jfrech,

I did check your post on your gears, and it will look similar to the one a friend is willing to let me try is VPS at his place, same tt but he has omega/classe instead of tube amp

the VPS is over the NAGRA DAC, film is shaky, maybe the sub were too loud ;)

here pic of his gear:

http://tilou3000.myphotoalbum.com/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album05&id=mov01679
Jazzbeq: that's a great looking system. you'll get to hear the VPS in a very good setting. Be ready to order yours ;)
Hevac1 and Jfrech
A quick question : what cartridge loading are you using and with which cartridge? Am still experimenting, currently using a specially supplied 1k ohm card with a Lyra Skala. There is a difference with the 47k ohm card but hey its pretty subtle. Would appreciate any comments/advice.
Cheers
Sunnyboy1956
I was born in 1956.
For my Keotsu 100 ohm.
For my Lyra Helikon Mono 1000 ohm.
Also You might want to try 500 ohm for the Skala.
Make sure you activate the loading. I messed that up a first on the secord input when I was setting it up.
Hi, I am using the 1k card. I never tried anything different, my dealer has a VPS and a Skala, he just set it for me and I've loved it ever since.

I do seem to flip back and forth from tube gain only to tube + SS gain. The tube only a little more transparency and beauty, with SS a little more grip. Kinda depends on the music and my mood. Both are very good. (My preamp has tons of quiet gain)

Also, if you read the manual, there is a symetrical input option. I guess it somehow floats the ground. This is something I want to try to see if it has any effect. Have either of you experiemented here?