Zero Stat Gun

How do you use this thing? Very confused, i think i may just have wasted money, could have bought 3 records for somewhere instead of staring dumb founded at the record wondering why i still hear the static after using the gun.

Does that little cover have to be on or off? What is the proper way to use the gun?
128x128thegoldenear
I always thought it was a squeeze away from the record, them one slow release onto the record as it is spinning. At least that's the way I've been using it (successfully) for many years.

Bob
In response to the whole squeeze slowly i have had 4 people try to squeeze this thing slowly without hearing clicks and all of us make the damm thing click.

And the directions say nothing that anyone here posted :) it says point "OH BOY" and nothing about "not hearing clicks".

And since there are 534,124 different ways of cleaning records I guess one just has to do what they feel comfy.

Thank for the replies.

I think the only thing that can help is a cleaning machine.
Dougdeacon? is static the snap crackel and pop or no? can we upload mp3 files to this thread, maybe if i can give you something to work with you can tell me what i need to?

Thanks
Groove glide, if used properly, works quite well. Low torque tables do not lend themselves to proper application. Try applying while LP is still on the RCM.
Snap, crakel and pop can be static OR just a bad pressing or dirty record. You can take the LP off the TT and move it near the hair on your arm to see if there's a static charge in it. If so, then apply the Z-stat and retest. The static should be removed. The record can still sound like crap, if it's flawed or dirty. (Which is not uncommon).

Dave