How do you level your turntable?

Short of buying a 400 dollar digital level, what have you found that really does the trick. I've tried various cheap bubble levels with fair to poor results.
rloggie
"Cheap" bubble levels are adequate. Why do you feel the need to go more high-tech? Does your table sound bad?
I really think that a quality TT really needs to be leveled to the point of absolute perfection. I would agree that owners of linear trackers need to pay more attention. I think your problem is your table and where it sits.
Lindisfrane, nope, turntable sounds fine :O) I have a new protractor and just thought I'd try for a "best of my ability" setup. I'm sure some of us are pretty anal about leveling and thought I'd tap in.

Schipo, My table is set up on a spiked, heavy wooden audio stand with granite inlay. Unfortunately using a pier and beam floor, but I'm not ready for a wall mount yet.
I use a bubble level to good effect.
I've got a marble slab on top of an inflatable tube. But...
I level the stand first.
Then I put the table on top of the bladder / slab combo.
Then I put the bubble level on the bare platter. I put it at several places along the arc of the tonearm, where the cartridge would read
Then I move the air bladder under the slab a little bit at a time until the bubble level reads level. The slab isn't necessarly level, and the plinth isn't necessarily level. But the platter is.
Every couple of months I add more air and repeat the last step.
Thats just me though.