why sound is so different?

Recently I bought a linear tracking turntable with a Shure V-XV type 5 cartridge and a great collection of LPs of the 70s (all almost new, played just once or twice). I've been in the CD world for 20 years and want to taste my youth again. Problem is that now found lots of diferences in the sound, almost all the LPs sound brightless to me, lots of medium frecuencies and lack of highs, and some of the bass is missing also. Dont know if this is normal or must be something wrong in the cartdrige or the phono pream (a new Bellari VP130).
Your comments will be apreciated. Thanks
jorsan
I suppose it could be the suspension in the cartridge ( just a guess ).. It is also possible that the Bellari isn't quite broken in yet..If it is broken in I would revert back to the cartridge..Maybe have the cartridge checked under a m/scope...or by someone with enough knowledge to know more about your old Shure cartridge.......
give it time before you decide one over the other. two different types of software, and both take getting used to.
Did you take the time to setup the cartridge properly ? That might be part of your problem right there.