From LP12 to where...?

I have had an LP12 for a while and although I love the sound the future of adjustments seems a bit dis-enchanting.
The dealer tells me that I could never learn to do it myself although I think in time I could maintain it's sound. But then I am buying parts and the Linn frame etc.
So where to next VPI Scoutmaster, Clearaudio Performance, etc? Anyone that has sold an LP12 can you share with me why and what did you get? I bought this used and it is in great shape but the sensitivity of the suspension gets too involved in prevention and I want a simpler, but great sounding TT. Trying to stay under 3-3500
128x128theo
I just bought an LP12 w Basik LV X arm & Nagaoka Cart. MP 11. I can't build anything and put the unit together and had it playing by the 2nd adjustment. It's about a 1985 model and I put Lemon oil several times on the plinth, cleaned up the aluminum and stainless steel and it gets newer looking each day. It sounds fantastic only having the Valhalla power supply and new suspension. I'm wondering which MM or MC cart. would make it perform better? It's hooked to a CaryV12R amp w brand new( 19 hours so far) tubes and a Cary SLP98P preamp. I put the black oil in it and leveled it as good as I could.
So I can probably learn to do it myself and get through that.
Yes, you can!

But I have the problem ,that if I don't have a concrete floor, dealing with the skipping.
Nonsense, unless all you know is Linn or many other suspended tables. My house has 60 year old, bouncy, sprung wood floors, but I can dance next to my TT and it doesn't skip - ever.

The myths perpetrated by Linn and their dealers, including the belief that no one but them can set up a table, is proven wrong every day by regulars on forums like this one.
I've had an LP12 for 20 years. I use it with a Graham 2.2 tonearm and an Ortofon Jubilee cartridge. I love the sound I get and attribute it to 2 factors: First I have a rock solid playing surface for the turntable which eliminates what I hear is a problem with this model but not for me. And this Ortofon cartridge is very sensitive: I have to adjust the anti-tracking (You need a good demo record to do this with a ubgrooved test band) and the ability to measure and adjust the tracking force accurately.
Lloyd