Great sounding new vinyl

This was suggested by Sonojfim on a previous thread. I wanted to send a petition to the vinyl companies because so many bad sounding new LP's on the market. A more positive way would be for all of us to share a few titles of really good sounding new and reissue LP's with label info if possible...
jloveys
Have you heard any of Vanska's Beethoven? These are not available on Vinyl, but the SACD's are very good...and the performances are even better. ..just my thoughts
No, I haven't heard the Vanska recordings. I'll have to see if someone in our local audio group has any of them. Thanks for the recommendation. I don't think the Rajski performances replace any of my long time favorites, but they are refreshing, clean performances in good sound (and on vinyl!).
SonofJim,

Where on Better Records' site do you find new vinyl? It seems Tom poo poos every new release and only promotes the old stuff.
Madfloyd,
Click on the first section, "All Vinyl". Scroll down and you'll find links to Recommended classical, rock, pop, and blues on heavy vinyl and even Audiophile recordings of special merit. You're right, he tends to hate most new vinyl but I find when he has anything at all good to say about a new release it proves to be one that's worth the trouble.
I purchased two new Blue Note LPs last week (the cheap $10, not the 45 RPM heavy vinyl) and had to return both. One (Hank Mobley Roll Call) was so warp I didn't even try and play it (I think the shrink was way too tight...as it is on all domestic pressings). The other (Cliff Jordan Cliff Craft) had two visible/audible scratches (brand new!!!) and so much surface noise that it was a distraction. Conversely I bought two 180 gram LPs, Mingus Pithecantropus and Willie Nelson's Reggae album, both of which sounded fine. Moral of the story, I will probably only buy new vinyl that is an audiophile pressing or from Sub Pop.

One record I did pick up an LP recently called Illinoise by Sufjan Stevens. It is an amazing pressing of an already amazing unique album (blows my CD copy away sonically). I highly recommend this LP. I wish all new non-audiophile pressings sounded this good.