Phono Cable optimal vs max length?

I have a cartridge what is termed as a high out put cartridge. Due to the size of my TT, it has to be away (in one of the optimal, from available space point view, set up I am considering) from phono pre and preamp.

I have always 'heard and read' optimum length of a phono cable to be 1.2 m. Hace looked in to archives and encountered few satisfied customers with longer phono cable- 3 to 4m.

Have you experienced any signal quality degradation going from 1.2 m to say 2 to 4 m length? What area in performance degradation one can expect? Any positive or negative experiences would help me decide to order that long phono cable or not.

TIA.

Nil
nilthepill
Dear Nillthepill: The Insider impedance that you name it is the internal cartridge one.
This cartridge normally has to be loaded over 1 Kohms so I don't think you can have any trouble with a 4m cable due to impedance cable value ( normally a top cable has very low resistance by meter, you have to check this. ) but IMHO 4m are too long for that tiny signal cartridge ( specially if your connection is through RCA ( unbalanced ) where that " long distance " the signal must pass and could degrade and contaminate/corrupt it.

If you care about music and about the quality performance level of your analog rig IMHO if I was you I try very hard another solution looking to the phono stage be nearer to the tonearm.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Dear Nillthepil: Forget what I post about the Insider load impedance ( 1K ) because I forgot that your phono stage is using step up transformers, this fact could make things a little more critical on the impedance/resistance subject.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Raul, Thanks for the input. I do have option B to keep the phono unit next to the TT (my current set up) I was hoping that I can also hook up my other TT (La Luce, SPJ, Helikon cart /SPJ cart)set up to low input of my Zanden Phono so now I can both TTs thru one phono. Yes, I do care about my TT performance which is stellar (imho) currently and would hate to change it for the worse....