Steam cleaning records 2

Continuation of large thread.
thommas
Wow, I think my friend will be most envious of your credentials--that sounds like fun. I love early photographs. I have a friend who does paintings from them.

Well, who knows, maybe someday if an easy to use steam cleaning machine,that I know won't melt my records,comes to market I'll be one of the first in line.

Good luck in your endeavors...
(oh, so what turntable do you have?)
Chashas1 i have to ask who said steaming will melt your records and do you really believe that? Also are you against doing a little work if it will bring you a positive return?
And if it does not offend you could offer your age?
I dont have any negative thoughts with my questions to you just wondering.
Mike
Chashas1: You appear a brite , brittle person who can't keep their hands from touching the flames. Your comments have nothing to do with steaming . That is troubling . Envey in my religious tradition is an evil that we as believers must refrain from. You show a strain of thinking that doesn't truly appreciate your intelligence, a sign of youth w/o restraint. I respect your acute perception(s) & for that reason only I will answer your final question.

I enjoy re-designing Maplenoll Turntables & Tonearms. I design the air delivery systems & use my of my own air scrubers design but, alternatively, Schroder arms & AC Raven Turntables are available to me that I enjoy & experiment with often with other fanatics. I own several other tables but that is of no importance. I have learned how to tune analog set-ups as well as anyone. That's the difference. I depend on no particular dealer or manufacturer , unless they offer. And you, Noble Black Knight from where do your ideas dwell ?? How can you imagine melting LPS on a thread that has grarnered more views than almost every thread posted? Where does that logic come from?? Personally , enjoyed the OZ, brick , turrent & bats better.
Hi Mike, I know steam from a kettle or iron will burn you, and definitely make a record bend--have you ever seen those bowls-whatever they make from vinyl? A friend gave me one as a Xmas present, I wasn't that impressed. So, I'm not sure what you are using to steam with, but steam in general is fairly hot, and I wouldn't chance it on my vinyl. Maybe your steam is more like a soft mist? like a vaporizor?

Hell no to the second question, you should see some of the whacky things I have done for the quest of better sound.
I've treated boards with larch varnish for better sounding walls, I've bolted birch boards on my wood floors to give a more secure footing for my speakers, I've spent zillions of hours auditioning equipment and cables. I've tried all sorts of room treatments. I think I've done more than a little for my positive returns. lol

I'm a little younger than you.

So, do you steam or clean? Ah, I see you have a vpi cleaner. If still using, what cleaning fluids? and what have you tried?

Keep on that positive train....
Post removed