Steam cleaning records 2

Continuation of large thread.
thommas

Oilmanmojo Amen and how true cause in the
End only your ears mater and we all know what
the rest is.
Post removed 
I was off to buy a sealed chamber ... Glad I missed the Jaw, Jaw ...

As for a Psychiatrist, I know one that thinks nothing of dropping gads of green on audio toys but doesn't clean his LPS. You should hear what a 10k cartridge sounds like running over yesterdays potato chips.

For those of us that read, an excellent letter was published in Positive Feedback several years back by a fellow who had lots of credentials from thr U.of FL. According to his review a the lit. neither water or alcohol can harm vinyl unless subjected to hours of chemical dousing. Steam Cleaning done correctly is a brief event that makes a significant impact on dirty LPS , not one's already affected by owner abuse of manufacturing defects. After having Steam Cleaned for years my experience has been quite positive . But, that experience makes me awaire of how many records new & used are defective. When I buy them for pennies I could care-less but when I spend $30 & up I want perfection that is rarely there.

Had I understood water purity my 350a Hot Shot would be working but that's history.

As for Tvad he chose not to answer my questions regarding him actually being a Steam Cleaner. That failure to respond makes me suspect he is a fraud to the extent he just likes to flame-out on posters. Tvad may not even own a single piece of vinyl .... I'm toast. I only want to converse with REAL vinyl lovers. I'm out of here.
Post removed 
Hi,
one last word on vinyl's water absorption. If you look with a microscope at / into a groove it is revelatory --- nowhere near as smooth as say the end-wax, right?

Using water on it will soften the vinyl, even a 1/3 Isopropyl mix will, but less so. It will in the process lift vinyl particles almost similar to the small flakes on you skin (top dermis).
If you can feel over the groove area and it appears a bit rougher after cleaning, those are ever so slightly lifted vinyl flakes, they will bed down after playing, hopefully --- or get chipped out and leave more groove noise than before.

The other thing that makes me uncomfortable with steam cleaning is its very cleaning-action. I think that the cleaning is due to what's known as 'cavitation' in fluid technology, small bubbles of low pressure air, close to vacuum collapsing. On e.g. surfaces of metal, a ships or boat propeller, it will pit the metal after some time, and that so badly is must be replaced.
I ask myself what this can do to a micro-groove after extended, repeated cleaning.

Axel