Steam cleaning records 2

Continuation of large thread.
thommas
The vortex tube didn't work for me. You get it setup for one record thickness and then it doesn't work for others.

I do use the two o-rings though, but I'm not steaming anymore - I'm using the Walker 4 step.
Joprras : The perceived loss of highs could be the result of "dirt" clinging to the record surface, "dirty" steam , improper steam cleaning methods or most likely records that need additional cleaning. Rarely, I have cleaned a Lp where gunk clinged to the grove requiring further steaming. This does not happened often but can happen.

As for the posting regarding a 6 hour difference between plays , I recall several articles in the late '70-80's in "Stereophile" that claimed recently cleaned or played LPs require a "rest" period of 2 hours or so for the vinyl grove to re-shape to pre-playing/cleaning condition. So, it not as if the phenom has not been remarked in print.
If you have played the same tracks repeatedly in a short period of time, then the highs are the first to go.

Just experiment with a record/track you do not care for.
FYI : Two months ago a steaming unit I was operating malfuctioned. The metal heating tank ruptured sending water & steam everywhere : Besides my surprize no actual harm done. I located a small appliance store that offered free estimates , dropping the steam unit off.Yesterday, I got a call that metal heating tank costs $220.00 , before installation ($50). The whole house cleaning system cost less than $100 ! Lesson learned , sometimes these steamers fail and are not worth the cost of repair.