dead quiet

I read this a lot that one's system is dead quiet..Is this at all possible when playing phono? what does it really mean?
ditto
Actually any "audio-head" can achieve dead quiet with the proper combination of components I outlined earlier. It's not a selected siutation, magic, or pipe dream.

And certainly not relegated or restricted to dealers. With more experience you'll learn this.

I should add that quality ac power is important as well.
Perhaps for all of you who posted that a dead quiet system is achievable..would you we able to share how it can be achieved..
I do not have a dedicated line and wondering if that is a good start..
I love what I hear from my system except that between playing and while changing record..the speaker has some noise that is volume dependent..
I have eliminated 98% of its hum but as one of you suggested I am not done with my work ..please advise
I can put my ear right against the speaker grill with the preamp in the phono position with the volume control at the normal listening level for lp's and hear absolutely nothing at all. Even if I turn up the volume control, it still remains silent. I have no power conditioner.
Ditto,

Tell us a bit about your cartridge, tonearm, phonostage, etc. There are known combinations that show a few issues, so maybe someone around here will have experience with your particular mix of things.
Ditto, Cleaning up your power is certainly a critical element in the pursuit of "dead quiet". A lot of the noise one hears is from the influence of dirty power to the signal. The noise can come from power out of the wall, power from amplification (pre and/or amp), infuences in the signal path, and of course from the source itself. I believe one must address all of these areas to get there.