Benz Micro M2 loading

What are people using to load their Benz M2s? On my Pass Labs XOno I've tried 47 kOhm (too bright), 1000 Ohms (not right), and 5 Ohms (no). Right now I'm on 475 Ohms. Any feedback is appreciated.
jandrese9882
Thanks for all your responses.

In response to a few...

My current M2 has relatively few hours but it is my second one on my Basis 2001 so I should have VTA/VTF dialed in. VTA is as near to level as possible. VTF is about 1.9 grams. I don't dial in anti-skating force on my Rega RB-300. The XOno is new to me. I used to have an ARC PH3. On the PH3 I loaded the M2 at 22K, which was nice. On the XOno such high loading is nasty, way too bright, like a bad 80's pop music CD. So, the tube unit and the solid state unit are different regarding loading. Don't know why but it's true.

I'm sure many will think Rega 300 arm on a Basis 2001 with Pass Labs and ARC amps is a weak link. I'm open to affordable suggestions.
Keep your 300 until you can spring for a serious arm. The Basis Vector ought to be in your cross hairs.
In the mean time, the Michell Technoweight and Riggle VTAF are cost effective upgrades. As you point out, the rest of your system is worthy of better in the long run.

dealer disclosure.

Jandrese9882,
get your test freq. LP out. play the 10k and 15k tracks with a resistor. Select a higher value resistor. play the same tracks. note the change in hi freq. output level and run the calc to determine where you need to be.

best

John