"House sound" of VPI, Clearaudio, Rega, MH, etc.

I'm seeking the collective wisdom/opinions of this to group. I've definitely decided to get back into vinyl and have posted about some of my auditions. My trouble is that I have to travel several hours to hear anything other than the basic Regas and the Marantz table.

In your experience, is there a "house sound" to a brand - VPI, Clearaudio, Rega, Nottingham, Sota, etc? If so, can you describe that house sound in relation to the others?

I'll use your experience to help narrow my focus.
Regards,
mgrif104
it there a house sound? yes and no. the needle and cartridge will play a major role in the final sound. at their given pricepoints, and have more in common then many will admit.all the tables you've named are competitive. dual is even back with a nice semi automatic.
I just spent months comparing a VPI 19 to a Sota Jewel. Swapped cartridges but not arms. I would say the Sota is "warmer" sounding with a bigger soundstage. The VPI is very light and airy with possible a little more high frequecy detail. Just my opinion. I've owned everything from Transcriptor to Thorens to Marantz to Dual and more. Both VPI and Sota win. Sota is my favorite.
Thanks for the comments Elevick and Jaybo. I was hoping a few more forumites could chime in about the other brands. Clearaudio vs VPI? VPI vs Rega?
Thanks in advance.