Anyone Using the Sold Tech Radius

Anyone using the Solid Tech Radius Solo 5 rack? I am considering it; would put my Aries 3 on the top, probably on 4" a maple board or a Gingko. Anyone got personal experience using this equipment rack?

thx
Hs
stickman451
It should not be a problem. Each board is solid and heavy. It can take the weight without any problem. How much does the Aries weight? How about the 4" maple platform? I would go to www.solid-tech.net and ask the manufacturer directly whether the weight is going to be a problem or not. I would recommend putting something between the maple block and the actual platform, like a vibration dampening sheet. You can get the material at car audio shops or parts-express online.

FrankC
Thanks; good point. I know that the Solid Tech has a 130lb per shelf limit. I belive that the Aries 3 weighs about 75lbs with the super platter.

Not sure about the maple block. I sent an email to them requesting that info. The maple block comes with 4 "isoblock" footers that go under the block to lift and isolate it from the table-top...
Just for reference, my turntable sits atop the Refere Rack of Silence. It doesn't have a "shelf", but four legs are connected by "X" beams. My Michell Orbe SE sits on the top shelf. Between the table and the "X" beams, I place a chopping block from IKEA. It's about 1.5" thick. Beneath the chopping block are 4 vibropods.

The Orbe is a fully suspended table. My wife walks around the rack, and my 3-1/2-year-old son bounces around the living room, but the table does not skip.

But I have not compared the Radius directly to the ROS. It's kind of hard to compare racks.

FrankC