vintage turntables?

i dont know, but vintage technics, jvc, and pioneer are the only decks ive had experience with, but they have a special appeal to me. it seems to me that theres all these super fancy turntables out there, and im sure they sound really great, but things like funk firm, the pro-ject rpm aren't the same to me. they're not what i picture a turntable to be. anyone else out there feel the same way? i think what it comes down to is the look. maybe i'm just crazy, i dont know. haha
128x128chuckelator
and also, along with the direct drive turntables im considering, i'm also considering going with a vintage pioneer reciever... (ya know...the whole vintage appeal) i found a pioneer silverface reference site, and found it very interesteing, and these recievers are extremely appealing to me. any thoughts/comments on these (not meaning to change the thread, but i figured while its at the top and people are looking at it, id throw it in there!)
C: Stop ! Consider this: All early receivers require work. Unless you are an expert they will play but never up to the specs -- Its all a matter of age. Don't be cute...It will cost you $$$$$ to restore a unit. Unless you know exactly where to turn for advice.
C: My appology if I gave the appearnce of coming on strong. I my self collect vintage equipment. My first piece was a 1947 Grundig-Majestic type 1088 that suddendlly stopped playing. The first estimate for repair was $800 . Fortunately, I found a vintage repair person that estimated the actual cost @ $60.00. The unit plays perfectly. Presently, Eric is repairing to other units for me and has repaired a 1/2 dozen others. He is located in Baltimore, MD. Should you need his advice, send me a eail and I will gladly forward his firms address and telephone number. All the best.
i think i know who your talking about acutually...hes right off the avenue in hamden right? i have his business card in my wallet, haha.