Can you Listen to Vinyl Casually??

Me, if I spin my vinyl and try to do work around the house or whatever, I am envariably drawn to sit down and listen to the music. Just can't help myself.

With CD or radio - I could care less and do other activities all day.

Anyone else experience this strange behaviour of vinyl addiction ??

cheers
downunder
Shane, my perspective is that your analog rig is so far ahead of your CD player this is bound to happen. You will get more satisfaction out of your digital source if you move to a SOTA component. (IMHO)

Then again, you might not want to do it, as you would likely find you would spend that much less time "doing work around the house" and the like...

Cheers!
I'm curious, Downunder, why the VPI & the Linn? What do you like about each? I guess it's the old compare and contrast.
Thanks.
I do the same thing all the time. Though my analog collection and analog front end is way-way better than my digital side because of the way I've spent my money. Still, when outside, I do really enjoy my ipod.
Eldartford.

Once sentence - clean your LP's. no debris on my stylus, unless the record is dirty. Try doing that with a dirty CD - It won't play.

Cincy_bob

Please don't give me another reason to spend more money!!.

I'll skip the SOTA CD player for the moment and keep playing CD's for my kids or in the car where they belong.