Rega RB300 Troubleshooting

I recently upgraded my RB300 tonearm with the incognito rewire kit and have learned from experience that it would have been better to have this done by a professional (especially since I've just voided the warranty). It was extremely difficult removing the rubber boot that housed the cartridge leads especially since the instructions said to push it INTO the arm tube!! What I ended up doing was removing a small, critical screw from the tracking force adjustment knob by mistake that I can no longer screw back into place.

Basically, my question is what are my options? I have no idea how to get the screw back in and wind the spindle back to it's original position. The knob was set to 3 when I removed the screw. Other than this, the upgrade went smoothly (even the soldering).

Any help greatly appreciated!
hitman_hifi
There seems to be an attack but very little decay with the cymbals. In essence, cymbals sound weak in contrast to the rest of the music. I'll try to find something to demonstrate this further and keep you posted.
Well it looks like it's been a while since I posted on this thread :) I've made a lot of adjustments and upgrades to achieve a sound that I'm satisfied with. The treble problem has been fixed with a new belt. My turntable still had the original belt from the early eighties! Added the stellar Dynavector DV-10X5 cartridge and I can proudly say that the performance is better than my very solid Arcam 7se CDP!! As far as efficiency, absolutely no volume adjustment necessary when switching between the CDP and the TT thanks to the high output of the Dynavector cart. In my opinion, very important for a 15W tube amp.
Great to know that all turned out well and you are happy with the results of your hard work. Now you can sit back and worry about software rather than hardware. :)

I will probably do the Incognito rewire on my RB300 as my next project as well.