How often do you folks vacuum clean your albums?

To all you vinyl people out there: I am curious to know, after you have cleaned an old album, then put it on your vacuum machine (I am using a VPI unit), how often do you reclean it with your vacuum cleaner? I have heard answers from "every time I play it", to "only once, then just a carbon brush".

Thanks
rsasso
Me too. The MF is a felt pad, not a brush. Before and after looks with the flashlight show about 80% of the light-reflecting specs gone after a 'felting'.

Funny thing, tho', almost nothing accumulates on the stylus. Where does all that schmutz go?
I tried the Disc Doctor manual system. I heard absolute no reduction in surface noise. Perhaps you need a vacuum to actually extract the dirt and contaminents from the record.

Has anyone tried both (manual and vacuum)?

BTW, it's kind of freaky how the fluid grabs on to the vinyl. I would have expected a vast improvement.
Rsacco : Do not forget the suggestion to steam clean LPs. That alone will change the sonic landscape , you'll never go back and for good reason.
Rsasso : Please review the Deep Steam Cleaning thread detailed below. Lots of invaluable information regarding the Steam Cleaning Method. Any other "Q's" send them.