How often do you folks vacuum clean your albums?

To all you vinyl people out there: I am curious to know, after you have cleaned an old album, then put it on your vacuum machine (I am using a VPI unit), how often do you reclean it with your vacuum cleaner? I have heard answers from "every time I play it", to "only once, then just a carbon brush".

Thanks
rsasso
I have gone about 3 years now since hitting all mine.. And most albums I have played around 10 times at least in the main rotation which just sound better each time its played and never show signs of needing a cleaning physically or sonically.. But I did originally clean them on a VPI 16.5 with RR Superwash, than hit with distilled water, and then stored in only anti static very thin, lightweight, no paper particle, sleeves, mostly all made by mobile fidelity.. never need anything again accept maybe a quick shot once in a while from these Milty guns and a carbon brush.

And yes just keep your stylus clean after each play resulting in digging up any small stuff that may have stuck to the surface.. 99% of the time I would not know I am not listening to a CD, just because they make no noise..
Once cleaned I think purley careful storage and maintenance will prevent from ever needing a wet clean or vacuum again.
Dear Tom: It seems tome a good idea but remember that micro-dust it will be always present through the inside plastic " box " that hold the record. It is almost impossible to avoid record micro-contamination and I'm not of the idea to clean often the LP that could suffer some kind of damage through those often clean times.

I think that other that that first time to clean it we have to make a clean machine way only when we think it need it: because some ind of distortions, noises or any other thing that are not normal.

What Swamwalker post will be interesting to see it specially if we can/could see it through 3-4 different kind of music records and through 3-4 different kind/shape stylus cartridges.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Since this appears to be a serious discussion, I would like asking about the Vinyl media-material itself, and if it is then true, that Vinyl over time leeches oils to its surface, thus requiring at some point in the future cleaning again, regardless of even being played?

I have been told by somebody more knowledgeable than I that one cause of mold contaminants on LP's is due to these oils.

This of course is something all together different than what's being discussed, such as "microdust" caused by the Stylus from successive plays, or just plain recontamination from dust-mishandling, etc. Mark
Hmm... I have to clean a record first before I put it on a VPI machine? I would have hoped the VPI machine could do all the cleaning for me, considering how much it costs!

Anyway, I rarely buy LP's in such condition that they would be in need of a vacuum cleaner, but if I did it would be only once.
>>I would have hoped the VPI machine could do all the cleaning for me, considering how much it costs!<<

Don't confuse convenience with performance.

Even the overpriced Monks and Loricraft machines can't do the job as well as manual cleaning.

My collection is testimony to that.