Do enzymes only live for 8 hours

Using enzyme based cleaning fluid I found a claim on Walker Audio which said
"That It is important to understand that the enzymes remain active for only about eight to ten hours before they die".
So does that mean the 1 gal of VPI cleaning solution I made up last year is doing sweet FA when it comes to cleaning my albums?
As I am no a chemist and no nothing about enzymes and there life span can someone elaborate?

Does a record cleaning fluid that uses enzymes only have a working window of 8 hours, or is this statement just marketing bull?
punkuk
What's the problem? Enzymes degrade slowly over time; they don't go away suddenly after 8 hours. Different enzymes in solution will lose activity at different rates, and temperature and buffer content are other factors that will determine the rate of loss of activity. But apparently the Walker system was deemed to lose enough activity by 8 hours that he advises discarding the solution after that much time. You have to take his word on that (or not), because none of us have done the experiment. You don't need Stephen Hawkin(g)s for that.
Rodman,

Yep, that's exactly what I had in mind! :)

Cool thread ... and rather unexpected too. Who'd have thought?