Finding ultra-pure water locally...

I've been reading up on record cleaning, and there seems to be something of a consensus that rinsing with ultra pure water / lab-grade water / triple distilled water (I'm assuming these are just different names for essentially the same thing?) helps. Where does one buy such water locally? I would imagine paying postage to ship 10 lbs of water would be rather high. I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area. Tks!

John
john_adams_sunnyvale
HDM, any idea about difference between 9800-1 and 9800-5 grades of Reagent grade water?

I looked on the web and there are several companies that sell this.
Hi Albert: I just did a quick web search, coming up with Nerl Diagnostics Reagent grade with those numbers on the Nerl website without pricing and another website offering the Nerl water for sale with pricing.

If I'm not mistaken and reading the priced website properly there is no difference between the -1 and the -5; those numbers appear to be product numbers specifying the amount of water and number of containers (ie. 4 x 32 oz bottles vs 1 x 1 gallon or 5 gallon for example) but the reagent grade water appears to be the same whether -1, -3 or -5.

That being said, the Nerl site appears to show three grades of water with High Purity appearing to be the lowest, the Reagent Grade next and the "best" being described as "Safe and Sure Ultrapure Water". Unfortunately I could not find any pricing on the Nerl website or any other website that offered the "Safe and Sure". So that might warrant a bit more investigation and if the price was not outrageously more than the Nerl Reagent Grade (I would expect that it probably wouldn't be, at least in audiophile terms!), might be the one to go for.
Hdm

Makes sense, the ad I found list 4 gallons in a case and a price of $105.95. and I can't figure if that gets all four gallons.

If it turns out to be $423.80 plus shipping for four gallons I will be forced to pass. I'm going to call tomorrow and ask for clarification.

FYI, The text says:
Our Price $105.95
Size 1 gallon
Qty/CS 4
Unit Case of 4

I appreciate your input and clarification. Also hope this ultrapure grade of water does not turn out to be $105.95 a gallon.
Sonically, there is a major difference between using "Ultra-Pure" water and R/O and distilled water.
I did a comparison between rinsing an LP using Ultra-Pure water vs. tripled filtered water that was then distilled 8 times.
The rinse was done on a record that had been first cleaned with a 3 step process using Record Research Cleaners followed by a 4 step Audio Intelligent process all done on a Loricraft RCM.
I took water that was triple filtered (ceramic/charcoal) and then re-distilled 8 times (each time the water was charcoaled filtered except the final & 8th time so as not to allow any charcoal particulates to enter the water).
I used my filtered/distilled water as a rinse (3 times) and then played the record. I then re-rinsed the record with the Ultra-Pure Water, listened again and there was quite stunned by how much better the Lp sounded (more detail , extended highs, and blacker backgrounds).
The Ultra-Pure rinse was audibly far better than my supposed very pure water.
“Ultra-Pure Water” is far different than R/O or distilled and easily worth the trouble and expense to obtain.
Rgds,
Larry
Yuo may be able to buy reverse osmosis water from an aquarium shop. The one I use for my fish tanks sells RO water for $0.25/gallon.