McIntosh MT-10 Turntable -- thoughts/expectations

Well, looks like McIntosh will be shipping their first attempt at a turntable -- after 50+ years in the business -- guess, better late than never. Yep, comes with a big blue meter, no less, as a speed indicator (33, 45 or 78). Of course, a big blue meter wasn't enough -- the massive platter glows too. Understand everything was inhouse (cartridge too???). Includes a composite arm with external p/s and a .05mV MC cartridge. Tracking force, anti-skate and cartridge position are factory set. Understand price is in the $8K range. Not much on McIntosh web site yet -- has me intrigued. Any thoughts or expectations -- or did anyone hear it at CEDIA??
ontjesr
Well the search is on and I'll let you know. I will probably be able to audition some stuff from my dealer to see if that sound can be anywhere close to the turntable. I understand some about the vinyl having much better sound but now I'm curious. I have some xrcd's from musicdirect and they have a much better sound than a regular cd and maybe even sacd but I don't have many sacd's. All I can say is this table and the sound its delivering thru my system is amazing.
beerdraft
I saw and heard the MC10 at CES. To be honest it looks a lot better in person that in print. The glowing blue platter is quite nice.

The sound coming from the mac system was nice and smooth as well. In fact one of the only rooms brave enough to play rock n roll, some dire straits and eagles if I remember - which gave McIntosh a big tick of approval from me at least.
Funn you shouldsay that I have the eagles hotel california, haven't put it on yet. I have listened to my dire straits oh can't think of the title but it has "I want my mtv" and is a two album set. it really sounds great with this table. The soundstage is literally comming from atleast 5 feet behind the speakers and great imaging accross the stage. One of my personal favorates at this time.
beerdraft