McIntosh MT-10 Turntable -- thoughts/expectations

Well, looks like McIntosh will be shipping their first attempt at a turntable -- after 50+ years in the business -- guess, better late than never. Yep, comes with a big blue meter, no less, as a speed indicator (33, 45 or 78). Of course, a big blue meter wasn't enough -- the massive platter glows too. Understand everything was inhouse (cartridge too???). Includes a composite arm with external p/s and a .05mV MC cartridge. Tracking force, anti-skate and cartridge position are factory set. Understand price is in the $8K range. Not much on McIntosh web site yet -- has me intrigued. Any thoughts or expectations -- or did anyone hear it at CEDIA??
ontjesr
If you go to the Clearaudion website, it looks like the MT-10 is a modified Avantguarde Magnum. They use the same platter. The Mac plinth is different, being of different materials with the motor housed in the assembly.

Also the MT-10 cartridge has identical specs to the Clearaudio Talisman- looks like they just rebadged the carttrige.

Wonder how it sounds?
Can't understand why McIntosh would go forward with such a gamble as this "laughable" Table?

Makes little sense to set up a table from the factory?

They'll sell some, as there's always some Mac fanatics that just have to have one, but I predict it will be a total flop.

Instead of wasting time with such junk, why didn't McIntosh instead market a couple of nice dedicated Phono Stages? Other than integral, the only Phono Stage I can recall them making was I believe the MP-1? (Correct me if I'm wrong on the Model #)

They certainly have the abilities to make both a great Tube, and a great SS version.

So that's what that big stupid blue meter is for, for speed? Geesh! Like somebody who shells out $8K really needs to know this? Mark
I guess McIntosh has been doing some market research, and I imagine that in Asia especially customers will go for the TT especially for its trademark meters and because it´s a Mac.
Regards,
Florian Hassel
The "speed meter". I suppose it looks cool, but if you read the turntable manual, you will find that you can't adjust the speed without a "special test record" and a technician.

They don't give you any specs for the tonearm- no geometry or tonearm mass.

Since it is factory setup, I suppose they are aiming for a "high end" Rega or Project type customer. Hassle free for the user and if anything goes wrong call the McIntosh dealer.

If you like to do it yourself, doesn't look like the way to go. But if you don't, it could be your ticket.