McIntosh MT-10 Turntable -- thoughts/expectations

Well, looks like McIntosh will be shipping their first attempt at a turntable -- after 50+ years in the business -- guess, better late than never. Yep, comes with a big blue meter, no less, as a speed indicator (33, 45 or 78). Of course, a big blue meter wasn't enough -- the massive platter glows too. Understand everything was inhouse (cartridge too???). Includes a composite arm with external p/s and a .05mV MC cartridge. Tracking force, anti-skate and cartridge position are factory set. Understand price is in the $8K range. Not much on McIntosh web site yet -- has me intrigued. Any thoughts or expectations -- or did anyone hear it at CEDIA??
ontjesr
As far as the McIntosh-site on audiokarma goes, the TT is built by Clearaudio of Germany, not by McIntosh. There is already an ongoing, mostly negative discussion over there - most Mc-fans don´t like the look for a TT.
If you go to the Clearaudion website, it looks like the MT-10 is a modified Avantguarde Magnum. They use the same platter. The Mac plinth is different, being of different materials with the motor housed in the assembly.

Also the MT-10 cartridge has identical specs to the Clearaudio Talisman- looks like they just rebadged the carttrige.

Wonder how it sounds?
Can't understand why McIntosh would go forward with such a gamble as this "laughable" Table?

Makes little sense to set up a table from the factory?

They'll sell some, as there's always some Mac fanatics that just have to have one, but I predict it will be a total flop.

Instead of wasting time with such junk, why didn't McIntosh instead market a couple of nice dedicated Phono Stages? Other than integral, the only Phono Stage I can recall them making was I believe the MP-1? (Correct me if I'm wrong on the Model #)

They certainly have the abilities to make both a great Tube, and a great SS version.

So that's what that big stupid blue meter is for, for speed? Geesh! Like somebody who shells out $8K really needs to know this? Mark
I guess McIntosh has been doing some market research, and I imagine that in Asia especially customers will go for the TT especially for its trademark meters and because it´s a Mac.
Regards,
Florian Hassel