How isolated is your hi-fi?

I'm thinking of dedicated rooms, not component stands. I was looking at some of the "All Out Assault" rooms in the virtual systems section, and while some of them are impressive they are all isolated. It occurs to me that if I had a dedicated room I'd probably never use it because I'd be sitting in there by myself. I use our family room and the hi-fi is just something we make room for. It isn't the perfect accoustic setup, but my wife and I enjoy listening to it. I take the noise of the ice maker or banging pots and pans from the kitchen in the next room in stride.

Anyone else ever consider this scenario?
grimace
I recently moved my main system from our living room to our lower the rec room, which has 9 foot ceilings, a fireplace, and is a walkout with daylight windows on two sides. Neither is "dedicated," and both are living spaces, but I no longer have to compete with the television that my wife often prefers, so I am able to enjoy music pretty much when I want, and to much better (and more often) utilize my main system. My pool table is also in the lower level room so the new set-up is all around better suited to our needs, and for entertaining. My wife and daughter can easily access and use the HT system in the upper level for movies, and we can use that upper system for music also. I haven't yet changed my virtual system pictures, but I will soon. I am enjoying the sound of my system in a carpeted room (instead of the hardwood floors upstairs) and also experimenting with a sort of corner speaker positioning that sounds promising.
Sorry,never mentioned that the tv is NOT in the dedicated audio room.Just the general living room.The music/audio room will always stay two channel!
As to the high def content...I like watching sports and nature shows.Occassional dramas are fun too.
Best.
I've got a dedicated FROG. Finished Room Over Garage connected to the main structure only by a breezeway. A decent size of 34x19 w/it's own HVAC. I soundproofed it when I upfit it by isolating all the drywall off the studs using neoprene pipe insulation and a clutched driver. (I also use it as a recording studio) and also installed audio treatments in the form of heavy theatre curtains at each end over the windows.

This room was criteria when we purchased this house 8 years ago and my wife fully supports this Utopia just a few feet from our main living structure living w/a musician who enjoys listening to the music as much as creating it. I've got no WAF to worry about in this room (good thing!).

Whether she entertains her friends in the afternoon or I want to crank at concert levels at 1:00AM, (we're in a very rural area), nobody is put out.

We still spend plenty of time doing things together and nobody feels this setup leads to any isolation within the relationship.

The room has no video , just music gear. One end of this room is pure audio with the cliche Maxell chair located perfectly between a pair of M/L Ascents and the rest of the room is filled w/vintage guitars, old tube amplifiers and recording equipment.