Deep Cleaning Records With Steam?

It has happened again. Major tweak and record provider has available a steam cleaner made especially for records. Anybody try steam for cleaning lp’s? What were your results? Since a unit can be had for about $20 at Target, 15% of what the tweak provider is charging, is it worth a try?.
tiger
Crem1,
Thanks for the tip on the Perfection Hand Steamer.
Try using Grade 1 water in your steamer (especially for the last cleaning/rinse in lieu of the Peak Water and see what you get....
Rgds,
Larry
Cello : Thanks Larry for the suggestion. According to the Water Thread Grade 1 can be purchased @ Whole Foods , a health oriented supermarket nearby to me. I shall buy a Gal. and advise on the results.
Threaders :
I have a feeling that most of you are already into analog and have several record cleaning products/machines in your home. Some of you also own some-type of hand held steam cleaner and for those that don't take my suggestion : Purchase a Perfection Steam Cleaner($30.US) @ Walgreens either at the brick an' morter or via the internet.

In my opinion, the most significant difference between steamers (besides cost) is what I term "splatter and splurt". That why I suggest the Perfection because it leaves S&S out of the mix, although any steamer, ie the Shark will do the job, some more a tad more/less messy.But what the hay ...Its only water. As for water we have an excellent Water Thread and Grade 1 appears to be the way to go but other options exist some "better" than others.

A critical difference between my suggestions and Mapleshade has nothing to do about effectiveness, but safety. Mapleshade recommends placing water and a cleaner inside the heating tank. This is where we part company. I urge you not to put anything but water into the heating tank. Neither, Mapleshade nor I invented the hand held steam cleaner ;however, all the manufactures known to me list a CAUTION in the Operating Instructions, a term defined as "a potentially dangerious situation", recommending that NO cleaning agents be used inside of the steam cleaner. The choice is yours to make...choose wisely.

My point is ... Get steaming, use the record cleaning liquids you own , combo-up with exising analog stuff or machines , and reap the benefits.

Just for safety's sake hand-paint the record cleaning solution lightly on the LP , lightly scrub then steam and vaccum (should you have a RCM). Enjoy
Threaders: The web site now reflects the term rinse rather than cleaner. To the best of my knowledge, a rinse solution other than pure H2O is also prohibited ,via the manufactures comments from being put inside a heating tank. Should the rinse solution now be pure H2O (Water) why not mention that fact.
Threaders:

Should any of you require the exact steamer as noted on the Mapleshade Web Site , may I suggest viewing www.wal mart.com. Query, Steam Cleaners : The SteamFast Hand Held Steam Cleamer SF-227 has the identical front-end selling for $35US , inc. shipping & handeling.

For someome that demands continuious steaming times of 25 minutes rather 12-20, the SteamDart can be found on the internet for $70 plus S&H. The choice of Steamer options is up to you.