What to use if I just want one cleaning fluid?

I'm willing to consider distilled water as a post cleaning rinse fluid (g). But if I'm going to use a VPI cleaner for my disks, and I want to use just one over-the-counter fluid to clean both new and old records in an acceptably effective manner, what should I use?
tonyptony
I used to use RRL until I came across mintlp.com. Gd site. Seller even sent me velvet stripe for VPI 17F and Magic eraser for catridge maintenance. You can get a sample for free. Have been using distilled water/lab grade pure water since getting to knw this site.Give it a try. Happy listening
Another good product to seriously consider, would no doubt be Audio Intelligent Vinyl Soultions #6 One Step Cleaner.

While I haven't yet personally used this particular Cleaner, I use all the other Cleaning Fluids they make, and am more than pleased with them.

I believe they are still running a special on thier entire product line till the end of this month.
Mark
Pick a brand name. They are far more alike than different. Only marketing sets them apart. You'll read all sorts of posts favoring this fluid or that fluid but the simple fact is you're cleaning plastic discs not a cashmere sweater.

Most are 99% water, a little surfactant, and maybe a drying agent. Some add a little snake oil. For 20 years I've been using a wash developed for me by a chemist who worked for the same company I did. My records are as clean and probably cleaner than the next guy.

Far more important IMO are the brushes, vacuum, and time taken to clean the vinyl.

Steaming is a good tool as well.

YMMV
Post removed 
Of the two over-the-counter brands I've tried (RRL/Mofi, AIVS) I'd choose AIVS.

RRL/Mofi Super Vinyl Wash leaves behind a lubricant which makes surfaces very quiet, but it also limits HF extension and dynamics. AIVS doesn't, and it contains more cleaning agents so it's more likely to remove whatever's on any particular record.

IME no single step or single step + rinse method is as effective as multiple steps. Different contaminants often respond to different cleaning solutions. But if one solution is what you're willing to do I'd choose AIVS's One Step.