Static on Vinyl

Here is my greif...............

I am getting some major static electricity every time
I remove an LP from my Turntable platter.

Here is my setup:

The platter is a Teres coccabolo (hardwood)
& I get the static with or without using my Herbies way excellent turntable mat.

I installed a grounding conductor screwed to the brass
platter spindle & grounded it to the tubed preamp & no
change.

I also use a Mapleshade Ionoclast static buster on the vinyl just before dropping the stylus, & still the bloody
static is their when I pull the vinyl from the platter
after the LP has gone thru the grooves.

any thoughts? ? ? ? ?
socoaste
Socaoaste,

Since the wood platter won't conduct static away from the record, I doubt using a conductive belt with a path to ground from the motor would make much difference. You'd also have to change the motor capstan from the existing material to a conductive one. Neither the old black plastic nor the new resin capstans are likely to be good conductors either.

Doug

P.S. I use the metalized/holographic mylar belt long favored by Galibier owners. It provides a bit more torque than the 2 mil (clear) or 1 mil (black) mylar Chris provides. Better resistance to stylus drag, but no difference regarding static buildup or discharge that I've noticed.
Are you rubbing your records before you play them? You know, with a brush? Try playing a record first for 20-30 seconds, then raise the stylus and proceed with your dry cleaning (if any) and watch the problem appear.
Also, make sure it is a record you haven't played for 6mos. or so, otherwise the static may have been created on the last go 'round.
I had the exact same problem, static every time I lifted the record off the platter, and when I touched the peripheral ring weight on the platter after playing the side, snap crackle pop. I have a VPI s'master and I was using as a phono cable, Analysis Solo Crystal rca-rca. I recently purchased a Hovland Groove 2 phono cable and PRESTO no more static. TOTALY gone. Could it be the shielding in the cable? Go figure.
I received a kenetronics model sw141 with the ground wire on monday, and this brush works fantastic. It doesnt just push the dust around the lp. This brush picks dust up.