Record cleaner

Hi!

What's good record cleaner at the top end and mettle class, I want one where there is as little maintains as possible, just put the record and then it´s clean.

My wife wont do it?

Regards
daemon
Kethchup - sorry if that comment sort of confused things...My point was looking at how easily and consistently you can find distilled water + it's great purity (at least as originally produced) - I'd still go with it over all the other options. I don't think spending more will get you anything better EXCEPT, POSSIBLY...a USP "grade" of distilled or electronics grade distilled. If I remember correctly, USP is like phamaceutical or hospital grade stuff...so I think the supply chain might be a little better controlled than just getting distilled at the grocery store. I haven't looked for it myself but I expect you could get USP distilled at a pharmacy. Electronics grade - what I mean by this is the semi-conductor industry has some very tight specs on water quality...ultra low conductivity so extremly low dissolved mineral content. I don't know the details of the water purification systems they install (whether they use distillation or some combination of methods; maybe just multi-stage RO) but these systems do represent major capital investments. Probably not a practical source for hobbyists.
Listen2tubes- I am interested in your experience with the EV-1. Am planning to get one in the near future.
Sounds like it is working for you.
ghosthouse, i have been using a ev 1 for some time now and from going strictly manual the ev 1 saves time and works very well, i clean side one off the ev 1 then vac that side, and then do side 2 on the ev 1. i do this so i dont contaminate the vac pad. i am very satisfied with ev 1.
good luck
Thanks Stltrains...an Ev1 is on my list of near term purchases (along with a bunch of spare pads).
Build your own.

I made mine, it's fun a rewarding.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39608