How often do you listen to live music?

I feel that the constant tuning of our ears to a live musical event, no matter what kind of music ( except perhaps to heavy metal at close quarters for health reasons) is essential for an audiophile to rightly assess his and other systems. I myself try to go to a concert at least three to four times a month. How about my fellow audiophiles out there? And especially how about our panel of experts? Albert, Sean et al ??
detlof
I am a Baltimore Symphony subscriber also. I drive up from Southern Maryland (70 miles). Well worth the trip. I have a friend who also comes down from Rhode Island six time a year to hear Temirkanov conduct.

I also sing with the Baltimore Choral Arts Society. We will be performing with Peter Schickele (P.D.Q. Bach) in March. Last March we performed with Dave Brubeck.

Well not so silent on second thoughts, as to voice complete agreement with Frogman's words, that audiophiles who orient themselves entirely on the sound of systems, can have ears equally well trained and honed as avid concertgoers. But all the same, and hence my starting of this thread, there is so much talk here on Audiogon of what is "better" and what is not. The question however of better in REGARD TO WHAT is often left open and I am curious to know where my fellow audiophiles take their benchmarks from. Is it the most impressive systems they have heard, which have grafted themselves in their aural memories, or is it rather the mnestic impact of a myriad of exposures to all sorts of live music which they try to emulate in their homes? I suppose, for the most of us, it is an amalgam of both, actually difficult to differentiate apart in dayly practice.