UNIverse Cu ,XV-1S,Shelter 9000 wt BATVkp10seSupe

I have a TNT6 with 12.6 arm. I am very happy with my Shelter 901 cartridge. I can run the BAT direct without utilizing the step up amp. I like that. The Zyx universe copper has a very low output and mass which would require the step up Amp and silver weight. The Dynavector will not require alteration in mass or the Step up. And how about the shelter 90x or 9000. They will mate well with output and mass. But is there a significant improvement over my 901? Now I really do love my current setup but would consider up grading if significant improvement could be had. What do you think? My music is JAZZ and Rock. Richard
hamburg
Raul - Thanks. Back in the days when tone controls were the norm I always seemed to end up with the treble nob at minus one, midrange at zero and bass at +1 or +2. So it seems like maybe I've got the best match of the two for my personal preferences.
I am currently on my second Shelter 901. Before that I had a Benz M2. The Shelter 901 definetely is less warm, but has more extension, quieter background, tighter bass than the Benz M2. I had sold my first one after my son was born due to the lack of time to listen to vinyl, figuring I would pick up a 90X when we visit Japan in the future. So I went back to the M2 for a while. Had just installed my second 901 and wish I had just sold the M2 in the first place.

A friend of mine went through two 901s and also a 90X. He told me that the 90X has better bass extension over the 901 and not much else over the 901. My neighbor has the XYZ Universe. It's in another league vs. Shelter 901. I had been to his place twice listening to it (albeit both times with different speakers). I am just amazed at the realism it brought! The drums on some of the jazz trio LPs we listened to was just amazingly good!

Yeah, if I had that kind of dough, I buy one too. The latest Stereophile has a review on the Lyra Skala. Looks interesting. That might be worth considering as well.

FrankC
I believe HW likes the Titan.Fairly certain,actually.Also,I doubt if he spends much time wandering the forums,in order to "police" those wanting to make a dollar,or two,from actual effort,and being a decent person.Stick with the "cute" straight line tracker,you "push"!!Maybe you can sell "one"!