Cartridge for Graham 1.5

Currently I use a Benz LO4 or Shelter 501 with the Graham on a Orbe TT. I would like to hear what others believe to be the best match for this arm at reasonalbe cost ie less than 2K.

The rest of the system is DIY fet-Loesch preamp with plenty of gain, Berning EA-230 and Quad original ESL's.
carlbecker
Thanks for the imput so far. It helps me and I hope others.

I did a search on the Jubilee and note its compliance is 16 and 10.5 grams. Seems like that would be a good mechanical fit. You believe it to have good synergy with the 1.5?

The Lyra Helikon : 8.0 grams
Compliance: Approx. 12 x 10 x (1/1000000)/dyne at 100 Hz
Seems a bit low on compliance and light from what little I have been able to find here. The Skala$$$ has the same compliance and 1 gram heavier You have had great success with this on the Graham 1.5?

I did not know a Koetsu would be a great match with the Graham. I could not find much on it accept low/med compliance. Lucky you on that find, Benz rebuilt it like OEM? Do you remember the rebuild price? I have plenty of time and if lucky could maybe do the same.

I am also looking at the Dynavector XX2, ZXY R100 and Sumiko Celebration. But seems like everyone suggests use with the SME V and I really don't want to change arms.
I like what I hear currently but I believe a better cart can bring more pleasure. I am not good at all describing sound or what I like but I do like to experiment some and listen to quality pieces in my system. I guess transparent with problems of omission rather that comission it that makes any sense.
Regarding matching of the Jubilee to the 1.5 - I've tested the resonant frequencies with the HFN&RR test record and get a nearly ideal 10-11Hz for vertical and horizontal resonant frequencies. The cartridge is very well behaved in the Graham.
Actually theory would predict that the 16µm/mN compliance would produce a lower resonant frequency around 8.5Hz (assuming an effective mass of 11g for the Graham and 9.5g weight of Jubilee) - maybe the so called "Wide range Damping" used by Ortofon has something to do with the actual result.
I'm sure the higher compliance of the Jubilee contributes to its super tracking performance.

Don't read too much into specified compliance figures, I've had great results with cartridges speced around 12µm/mN. Funnily enough, the Denon 103R (5µm/mN but specified at 100hz not the normal 10hz) also produced resonant frequencies of ~10hz in the Graham - and also tracked superbly (though not up to Jubilee standard).

Don't know if he still has any, but I got my Jubilee from Juki in Hong Kong for about US$1K. Might be hard to beat its sonic and tracking virtues at that price.
Thanks Tobes,
I don't want to "read" to much into specs or Stereophile-etc, just a place to start. That is why I asked about successful matches from users here. I did find your other comments about the Jubilee and did a check on cartridgedb. Just trying to get the best out of a cartridge possible with this arm in combination and this one seems very good. I have read much negative about the Graham, its nice to here who uses what with the Graham with great results!

Carl
I dont know about the Graham 1.5 but I do have the graham Phantom, I used the Benz Micro Ruby 3 with it, but have switched to the Lyra Helikon mono and Lyra Skala Stereo.

I am impressed with the difference, I have had these carts for about 2 months now and am not planning to move to any other.

I have heard the Ortofon Kontrapunkt B but on the Rega. So I cannot comment on the differences with the Graham. I have moved form the SME V to the Graham Phantom, this move was primatily due to the MONO and STEREO carts that I use, after changing the carts have to do adjust the cart all the time no fun but with the Graham do it once and change the wands. Love that Feature and now my music is much better as well.
Benz rebuilt it like OEM? Do you remember the rebuild price?

I would love to be able to compare a Koetsu rebuild with a Benz rebuild of a Koetsu, but haven't had the chance. I have no reason to doubt the rebuilder's skill, at least. As far as I can tell the Benz-rebuilt cart has the Koetsu characteristics you read about, including the Rosewood Sig's famous (and just delightful) midrange sweetness.

I'm afraid I don't remember the precise rebuild cost but it was cheaper than sending the cart to Koetsu.