Record Cleaning Machine Fluid

What is the different between RECORD RESEARCH SUPER LP DEEP CLEANER and RECORD RESEARCH SUPER LP VINYL WASH?
They are the same? Which one should I use?
And how they are comparing to L'ART DU SON
birdyy8
The Super Deep likely (I am guessing) contains some alcohol, as well as probably more surfactant. I say this because the SD does not make any claims of no alcohol on the bottle and SVW does. Also, the SD is supposed to be used as the first stage of cleaning or for dirtier records followed by 2 sweeps of the SVW which does not need a rinse.

According to a number of people who have used both, the Art du Son leaves a sonic signature and the RRL does not. The Art also has to be mixed by the end user, with the quality of water obviously effecting the solution and the Art, after mixing, can go bad if not properly stored.
Hdm's guess re: alchohol is interesting. Inaccurate, but interesting! Neither RRL fluid contains any alchohol. Never has, never will (this according to Brian Weitzel, who makes it). Otherwise I agree with Hdm's post.

SDC contains higher levels of surfactant. That's why it's more effective at removing mold release chemicals and stubborn dirt. It should be the first step, or at least not the last step.

SVW contains only trace amounts of surfactant, and also a vinyl lubricant that leaves no sonic signature (IME). It should always be the final step in the record cleaning process. The next thing that hits the record should be a stylus.

There's a fuller product explanation here:
{url]http://www.tricell-ent.com/RecordResearch.htm[/url]
FYI, I used Record Research Labs for years. I recently switched to Audio Intelligent record wash. It is a three step system. Step one is an enzymatic cleaner to facilitate the removal of mold release chemicals applied to the record stamper. The second step is an alcohol based detergent. And the third step is an application of ultra purified water to remove residue from the first steps.

Walker Audio also sells a similar system. IMHO, the new process I am using is resulting in stunning results. It is like I am hearing some of my favorite records for the first time. I was astonished at how much better my music sounds using the Audio Intelligent method. It is more labor intensive, but it's worth the effort.
Dear Birdman,
Record Research Lab Deep Cleaning Solution - Super Record pre-cleaner. Concentrated formula for deep cleaning of new and old vinyl. On new or soiled LP's, use the RRL Deep Cleaner first and then follow/rinse with the RRL Super Vinyl Wash. The RRL Deep Cleaner is not intended for general LP care and maintenance. It is usually used just once per life of the LP to restore a heavily soiled LP from our younger days or to remove the release agent (Pam - like) from new LP's. ALWAYS follow with RRL Wash.
Dan
Dedicated Audio