Nationalism in Audio Products?

In searching out quality products, I am finding that many folks review products, describe products, or even laud products for their being made in so-and-so country. Coming from a first generation household, my mom a Swiss immigrant, my dad, Russian, I can identify with these seemingly stereotypical associations between certain countries' craftspeople and their products. What I mean is, there is some truth to the sterotype that a speaker made in, say, England, might sound better than one made in another place. It even occurred to me the other morning, that since I am planning to upgrade my entire system in the coming years, to see if I could put together an All-Swiss-Made system, being a bit partial to their manufacturing standards (and their chocolate). I found several sets of speakers that didn't look very promising (of course I haven't actually HEARD them). Benz micro is pretty well known. I also know of a Swiss CD player whose price tag depressed me for days. I haven't found any Swiss tube amplifiers and I was starting to not care. Then I found a turntable built by a Swiss company called Holborne. I have since scoured the internet looking for information about it. There is nothing even on Audiogon (searching archives for keyword "Holborne") I would humbly ask any of you if you know anything about this turntable, if it is built to last, if it sounds good, in short, is it a good investment. If there I receive enough contrary advice, I would probably return to my original plan, a little thing built in the US of A called the Galibier Serac.....
mr_stain
Post removed 
You mentioned a Russian father and if you're looking for a little of that influence, keep in mind Balanced Audio Technology.

BAT gear is built in the US and designed by Victor Khomenko. I use both a BAT tubed pre-amp and solid state power amp. While maybe not as "exquisitely" finished as much of the aforementioned Swiss gear, it is of the highest caliber of build quality and the sound they produce is simply fantastic. Not cheap, but will last a lifetime.
Forsell is from Sweden, not that it matters.

I have had stereo equipment from: USA, Canada, Mexico, England, Netherlands, France, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Switzerland, Belgium, Yugoslavia (when it existed), Russia, Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, Czecha, Austria, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and China. I think in a global economy, there is little room for nationalism.