verdier Platine or Nottingham Analogue hyperspace

I intended to upgrade my current TT Thorens 850
Those TT have two different sound ,but i like both.
I would like to read your opnion about those TT and comperson bettween them
(for Jazz and classical music)
Thanks
birdyy8
Interested in what Jaybo said myself beacuse I just am not sure the Hypersapce is the way for me to go.I am thinking of getting out of VPI Aries and into a multi arm deck but thought to equal what I have in sound qual;ity I would have to get Teres.Less pricey would be a Scheu (in this country Eurolab) both of which support two arms or (hitrd I think if you get base model) the Clearaudio Solution.Not crazy about the "space design" on Nottingham though I am really after performance.And if Hyperspace would do it there are a number of phono's or full Pre's that have MM AND a MC input.Best especially if you went with Clearaudio would be Asthetix Rhea (but at $4K maybe out of my range).It has three inputs which allow you to set everything from Gain,Capicitance,
Polarity,Stereo or Mono etc all held in in three seperate inputs each with it's settingsa held ina memory.Pretty trick.But if I stay with tube (VPI I have or Graham) or head swapping (SME309?)to achieve multiple cartidge use one or two inputs is fine.But Nottingham maybe least expensive way to get second armboard so I am going to re-read reviews. Desicions,decisons in this stupid hobbyit's enough to make you just get and Ipod and download everything like 99.9999% of the world who think were nuts.
Chazz
I have compared the NA, Kuzma Ref, and the Verdier. I went with the Verdier. It is a much more sophisticated design with its magnetic platter. Its motor drive is the weak link, but it can be upgraded.
The sound quality of a stock Verdier beats the NA Hyperspace. It has a blacker background, more detail, but warmer than the NA.
what tone arm you had on the Platine and the hyperspace?

what is the problem with the Verdier motor drive
and how it can be fix
The Verdier is fitted with a SME V and Shelter 501. My dealer wanted me to upgarde to a Schroder though I have done nothing yet.
I believe Tron in UK makes a custom drive for the Verdier. Galibier makes a motor drive that Verdier owners have used. There are quite a few options.
Ledoux,

Get the Schroeder! Any Schroeder will be better than your SME 5. The best upgrade though for the Platine is a Battery PSU. I have the GT Audio PSU for my PV/SChroeder 2/Allaerts MC1b. THe battery supply transformed the Platine by reducing the noise level even further and providing much greater dynamic range.

Charlie